Skip to main content

Chaos Hounds Conversion W.I.P. 2

This a long over due continuations of a started a while back. Since I have begun being more diligent on continue to post on this blog as I refocus on my arts and hobby field there needs to be a healthy balance of sharing new stuff and old. Tonight once home from work I got busy eating up and continuing my work of these chaos hounds conversion into Wolf Rats.
I had taken photos previously of progress a while back the images have been lost. So im continueing with out them.

Add caption
Over all work on the wolf rat conversion so far.
This is end result of my work from this session of work on them. Two of the ten hounds had the most focus and since I'm still experimenting with the Greenstuff I have no set streamlined method for them yet.
This the first one I started on you see here the build of Greenstuff to created the tail which is far from done, the ears the eyes and the front teeth. The teeth where made using yellow plastic from a generic sigh bought at a hardwarestore.
Here are better close up of the head of this beast.


Thiscis the second layer of green stuff place on the head, to build up the details and stretghen what was done previously. 
I still what add more green stuff and bring out more details for the eyes and jaws. I'm not fully satisfied with the state of it right now but it's progress and learning.

The second wolf rat i focused on gab filling the length of the spine where the toy half if this model meet. When i used a clap on this one i didntbget the seal right not certain how but since it was the only one that had thatbproblem I decided to work it next.
 After filling in the gap in the spine section I built up the green stuff and added detail to.l mimic fur i satigied with the work but what to practice more on that technique.agter that I began the process of adding eyes to the head, after the Greenstuff fully cures I'll be able to trim and remove material that got misplace in the sculpting process than add more details with additional layers of Greenstuff.
I may at a later point somehow lengthen the tails I'm not sure if I like the length of them so far.
This time I rolled green stuff into balls than added to the head instead placing green stuff on the head first than trying to shape it from there onward. 


Now the chaos hounds models do have details that are meant to be eyes on them but there so small and buried in the fur as to be easily missed.

The other eight hounds to be converted in various stages of progress.

Well this what I have so far I look forward to feed back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Dwarf Inspiration

So been taking a break from posting content and working on art due to starting my second and family related issues all is well but it had to take the focus. In the time I found great inspiration for my current project as well as future ones. Here is just a great image of the character Here are two great ones with simply weapons switch. Here are some other wonderful finds These last images are a great miniature artist Who has a great fundness for the squat faction of old has done so many converson that at just simply amazing. Once I learn how to link to his blog I will edit this page again. But teal great reason I wanted to share this is what he has done is some thing so similar to what I wish to do with this model. So looking some other fun conversions using Terminator bitz. Not my favorites but still great fun. This a great one I really like, I do somethings differently but great paint job and exalent use of various bitz. Now not directly a Squa...

Getting back to the Art and my Hobbies

Life is wonderful life is a struggle and it is Glorius every since 2020 things have been one hell of a wild ride for me and for everyone around the world i am not unique in that ive struggle and almost thrived but most importantly i survived to keep growing and to provide for my son. all my art projects and hobbies have to keep being put on hold many had to be on hold or outright stops and some even gotten rid off. e i keep improve the life and wellbeing for my son and i but hut healing and progress are not always linear in there progress and even in times have to step backwards hell even run backwords. my art and the hobbies are important last years 2025 i lost over 15 people from my life 8 people from my family inlcuding my father last years was a very dark time and what little involmente in the art community and hobbie communities help sometimes even just being present in those communities was a struggle. i dont know exactly where i will go with this dorment blog but i going to...

Necromunda House Escher bolter conversion WIP 1

After looking over the necromunda gang house Escher box I decide I really wanted to started out with jumping into converting many of the weapons. The aim of my immediate work will to get many of the weapons cleaned up and fine to the basic form. First of these weapons will be the gang leaders range weapons the combi bolter/needler. I hope lay the ground work for future conversion of this fun bolter gun, first step will to take of the leaders arm from the bit of the spru, than clean up by saving the material and sanding where I can as much as possible. This is going to take some time for extra focus to detail and precision cuts, while there are two of these weapons in the box I rather not have to use that one yet. This a rough drawing next to the spru bit and my general idea and aim. So once I have the House Escher bolter down to its basic form it will open a create desk of opportunity for expanding armament options for house Escher gangs or any other warhammer faction that c...